Monday 21 April 2014

Lerro 1955 refurnished

My Lerro dollhouse from 1955 has had a major makeover, so I think it's time to revisit it. It is made by Lerro and is the oldest Lerro house in my collection. It's in good condition with original floors and wallpapers.


I have tried to decorate the house with furniture from the mid-1950s and mostly made by Lerro. All curtains came along with the house except for the curtain in teh bathroom and I think the curtains who came with the house could be from the same time period as the house. We start the house tour in the kitchen.    


The kitchen units, sink, stove, two upper cupboards were sold as a kit from 1953. The table with a red cloth and two red wooden chairs were made by Lerro at least from 1951.  I have found them in catalogues from 1951 and 1955.  The brown cupboard in the corner was sold in 1955 and the red round stool was sold in 1957. All made by Lerro. The rectangular stool under the window is made by Lundby. Also the lamp in the ceiling is from the mid-1950s. The doll is old but I am not sure how old, but she is the lady in the house, called Märta. 


In the living room the man in the house called Rolf is serving coffee for his two guests. They are sitting in armchairs that are along with the sofa made by Lerro and sold 1955. Also the round table which has three legs are made by Lerro. I am not sure which years but it is Lerro at least. The picture right beside the window is from the 1950s and probably made in Germany. The fire place in the corner is made by Lerro and was sold in 1957, as far as I can find out. The lamp in the ceiling can be rather old because it has lampshades made of paper and the wires are very old and in bad condition. 


In the middle room on the second floor, the dollhouse family have put a dining table with chairs, made by Lerro and sold in 1955. The flower bench is also from mid-1950s. In the corner there is a record player (gramophone). 


The last room we are visiting are the bedroom. Here the beds, the chest of drawers and the rocking chair are made by Lerro and sold in 1955. The beds have got new bed clothes because the lacked it when I bought them. I don´t know the origin of the lamp in the ceiling, but I think it's from the 1950s because of the wires and I also think it fits in very well in this room. 

2 comments:

Florine said...

What a wonderful collection of Lerro furniture....most of it is new to me. Lovely house!

Mina dockskåp said...

Thank you Florine!

Post a Comment