Sunday 20 April 2014

I'm back with news from Lill Glottra

I know that I have neglected my blog for a while but I will repair it today with writing about my doll house "Lill Glottra” from the 1940s.


The house is homemade by a carpenter who made it as a Christmas present for his 4 years old daughter in the mid-1940s. The wall papers and floors are still today in original shape, which I found very nice. Some damages over the years have happened but it is not so severe. The house was named "Lill Glottra" which means little Glottra, after the main house where the family lived. The doll house had homemade furniture too in the beginning but unfortunately for me they are not a part of the doll house today. So I have decorated it with furniture from the 1940s and at least in a 1940s style. 



We start the tour in the house in the bedroom. News in this room is the little things like the cushions, the roof lamp, the carpet, the plant, a photo and the little angel on the wall. Most of these things are probably not made in the 1940s but I think it fits in very well. Perhaps the carpet is in age in line with the house. About the furniture I am sure of the date for the sewing machine, the 1940s, because my mother got it as a child at that time. 


Then we go to the bathroom which had got a mirror over the sink and a lamp in the ceiling. 


Next to the bathroom the dining room is situated. Here two guests are having some coffee. This room had since last visit got a carpet, a lamp, the stuff on the table and a picture on the wall. The dolls are old but I am not sure how old. The chairs and the sideboard in the back are also from my mother’s childhood in the 1940s. I bought the table but it is in the same style and probably from the same time period. 


Now we are in the kitchen which now has a refrigerator, a washing machine, a lamp in the ceiling and some other little stuff. The baby is still sleeping in the pram which is also from my mother’s childhood in the 1940s and manufactured by Brio. 


Finally, we end the house tour in the living room. This room is complemented with for example two new lamps, some dolls, a fire place and some small stuff. The dolls are old but I am not sure how old. The brown wooden chairs, table and piano are also from my mother’s childhood in the 1940s. 

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

How lovely to have a house made by a father for his daughter, with the original floor and wall coverings still - and to have your mother's dolls house furniture of the same period to furnish it! I love the pieces you have added to it, too - it feels very cosy and homely! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Mina dockskåp said...

Thank you Rebecca! I´m glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

Velkommen tilbage Rebecca!
Jeg har savnet dig!
Dejligt dukkehus. Jeg har set en vaskemaskine i "voksen" størrelse som barn.
Jeg er født i 44. Man kunne leje sådanne vaskemaskiner, når min mor skulle have storvask, så blev den bragt ud og hentet igen på en lastbil af det firma, der udlejede dem.
Mange hilsner Jutta fra Danmark

Mina dockskåp said...

Tack för informationen Jutta. Jag har ett vagt minne från min egen barndom att min farmor hade en sådan tvättmaskin i källaren. Hon var född alldeles i början av 1900-talet och jag var bara 9 år när deras hus såldes i samband med min farfars död så jag såg den inte något mer senare.

Florine said...

I don't have a home-crafted doll house in my collection....this one is delightful! And you are so lucky to have some furnishings from your mother's childhood.

Mina dockskåp said...

Florine! I am glad you like my house and I feel lucky to have found it. I bought on an auction and I was so nervous for not getting it. I wanted it so much.

Post a Comment