Tuesday 10 December 2013

A cottage from 1940s

Long time no see. I am so sorry for neglecting this blog for a while, but I have had too much too do at my work. But today I am going to present for you a new house in my collection.

Det är länge sen jag skrev på denna blogg vilket jag beklagar. Jag har haft lite för mycket att göra på mitt ordinarie jobb. Men idag vill jag presentera för er ett nytt hus i samlingen.
 
 

The house is homemade by a carpenter who made it as a Christmas present for his 4 years old daughter in the mid-1940s. The wall papers, floors and paintings are all in original shape, which I found to be very nice. Some damages over the years have happened but it is not so severe. The house was named "Lill Glottra" which means little Glottra, after the main house where the family lived. The house had homemade furniture too in the beginning but unfortunately for me they are not a part of the house any more. So I have decorated it with furniture from the 1940s.
 
Huset är ett hemmabygge gjort av en snickare som julklapp till sin då 4-åriga dotter på mitten av 40-talet. Tapeter, golv och målning är i original i hela huset, vilket jag gillar väldigt mycket. Vissa skador har ju huset fått under tidens gång men inte alltför allvarliga. Huset är döpt till "Lill Glottra" efter huvudhuset som familjen bodde i. Huset hade från början även hemmagjorda möbler som dessvärre inte fått följa huset. Så jag har möblerat med möbler från 1940-talet.
 
 

This is the living room with a piano and a couch. My mother had the furniture’s which is in brown wood when she was a child in the 1940s.

Detta är vardagsrummet med både piano och en schäslong. Min mamma hade de bruna trämöblerna när hon var barn på 1940-talet.
 


The kitchen is furnished with American furniture of plastic. The kitchen units are from Renwal, made in USA, I Think from around 1940s. The same goes for the table and chairs, while the red baby carriage is made by BRIO and was my mothers in her childhood in the 1940s. The left inner wall have lost the original wallpaper and had been brown as the other two walls.

Köket är möblerat med amerikanska plastmöbler. Köksmodulerna är från Renwal, made in USA, som jag tror är från 1940-talet. Samma sak gäller köksbordet och stolarna, medan den röda barnvagnen är tillverkad av BRIO och var min mammas när hon var barn på 1940-talet.

 

At last I will show you the bedroom where I think the wall papers are so lovley. It is furnished with beds which have German origin and a rocking-chair with an unknown history. The sewing machine is in plastic and has no label to tell us where it is from, but it been also my mothers. I was not allowed to play with the sewing machine when I was a child and that I now think was lucky because I was rather hard on my toys and not so much have survived.  

Till sist vill jag visa er sovrummet med de bedårande söta tapeterna. Det är möblerat med sängar som har tyskt ursprung samt en gungstol av okänt ursprung. Symaskinen i plast har ingen märkning som avslöjar tillverkare eller ursprung, men den var också min mammas. Jag tilläts inte leka med symaskinen som barn och tur var väl det då jag dessvärre gick ganska hårt fram med mina egna leksaker och inte så mycket har överlevt helt till denna dag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment